PLEASE Everybody

Today's thought from Hazelden is:
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
--Bill Cosby

"Oh, how I wish my dad would get sober." "Oh, how I want my friend to get help with her eating problem." "Oh, how I wish I could make my mom understand."

When we become obsessed with how we want others to change, we put our own happiness on hold. As we wait, hoping and scheming about how to get others to see their many problems, we are neglecting ourselves. It's almost as if we think it's not fair for us to be happy when others are miserable. But when we detach with love, we still care, we still pray and wish for the best, but we know that other people's problems belong to them, not to us.

Today let me accept the fact that if I detach with love, no one will die from it. I'll just be more healthy and happy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CONTOH MEKANISME PELAKSANAAN SUPPLIER AUDIT

Contoh KOMPETENSI DAN EVALUASI INTERNAL AUDITOR ISO

5 Unsur Penting Sales Letter